Norwest Family Law

Child Support Lawyers

Request a Call Back

Get one of our team members to give you a call to discuss your property settlement.


Child Support and Child Maintenance

If you have recently gone through a divorce or separation, and you have a child or children under the age of 18 – who are yet to complete secondary school – the parent who is the primary caregiver is entitled to child maintenance pay from the former partner.

In special cases, you may be eligible for adult child maintenance if your children are over 18, and they still need financial support due to a physical or mental incapacity. Or they plan to undertake tertiary studies.

Independent Legal Advice for All Aspects of Child Care Support

Both you and your former partner have the freedom to negotiate the terms of your child support plan on your own. However, if neither of you can agree on what is a fair amount and type of child support payment – Norwest Family Law can help.

David Chesters, an accredited child support lawyer in Sydney with over 25 years’ experience helping separated couples move forward, will be happy to assess your case and offer expert legal advice, negotiate, and draft a child support arrangement that suits your unique financial circumstances.

If desired, you can even bypass involvement from the Child Support Agency (CSA), giving you the flexibility to establish your own terms, while still being legally binding and enforceable by the CSA.

Why Choose Norwest

Request a Consultation

Are you unsure where to start with your separation? Needing help with your assets? Contact us today to organise a consultation with our Family Law Specialist

Ask Us a Question

Have Problems But Can’t Consult Anyone?

Norwest Family Law - Logo

Request a Free Quote

For an accredited family law solicitor who you can trust to do the best thing for you and your family, contact Norwest Family Law.

Request a Consultation